Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sorry I haven't been on the "blog" for the past month, and after looking at Katy's posting - it has been over 3 months since my last note! My bad!

I have been able to "create" a part time day position doing staff education for the past month, and was hoping it would evolve into a permanent position - but found out that it will not. There is, however, a part time Nurse Educator position that I have applied for - it would move me out of my current area though (which I have worked for 10 years). I am enjoying being home every evening and weekend though. I have also been able to work my 16 hours in a flexible schedule - so I work all my hours while the girls are in school - love that!

Brian's been through another surgery this past fall trying to clear up a foot wound that he has had for years. It entailed an outpatient surgery and 6 long weeks of no walking. Well, the 6 weeks was up, and by the 2nd week of walking, a small would appeared on his foot. He is off-loading his foot again (not walking on it) and we are going to see if it will clear up again. Then, he and the Podiatrist will have a powow about what might be going on. Our prayer is that we might be able to just modify his shoe to resolve the situation.

Brian's parents are coming for Christmas as well as my sister and her daughter from Indiana. So I am excited to have family here for the season. Can't wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We are so blessed!

Love ya all! Kathy

1 comment:

Katy said...

Hey Kathy, welcome back to our blog. I saw Netty the other night and she really appreciated your call with some tips about how to care for her mother while she recuperates. Scott, Gin and the boys are flying out on their jet for Thanksgiving next week. Peggy and Maddie may join them if they have enough open seats. We are hosting it at our house so the kids will have plenty of room to run around and play. Hannah has her audition for CYT's Annie on Friday night. Will let you know how that goes. If she gets a part, then her weekends are gone until February...but, she loves CYT. I still need to call Beth to encourage her to post again too.
Love,Katy