Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Miley Is Home!

We brought Miley home just over a week ago. Scooby has a new sister and they already love each other. Both of them are snoozing on the couches in the living room as I sit here typing. Miley is a big bundle of love! She jumped up on the couch with me and put her head on my chest the other day. She loves to go on long walks and tries to chase the bunnies she sees out in the desert. I'm pretty sure she doesn't know about cactus yet so we haven't let her off-leash where the cacti grow. She is house-trained and already knows how to sit and shake. Hannah is trying to teach her how to speak but no luck yet.

As I am home this week (have the week off) enjoying our new baby, I also grieve for my sister Peggy and my niece Maddie who put down their sweet dog Ginger this morning. Ginger had lung cancer and gave Peggy "that look" the other day, telling her it was time. In the last year, all of my three sisters and I have lost our dear dogs...Mandy, Rollie, Maverick, Sam, Cimba and Ginger. All of them were great companions and lived long lives that were filled with love.

As for this blog, it may be getting a face lift soon. Some of my co-bloggers are unable to participate anymore because of the tight security on their computers. So, this blog may take on a new name....just don't know what that will be yet.

Time to pick Hannah up from school soon then we have a showcase to attend for her drama group. I'm praying for Hannah as she is singing her first solo, "What A Friend We Have In Jesus" at another church on Saturday night. She's pretty nervous about it but I think she'll do fine. She's auditioning for CYT's Annie next month and is gearing up for that as well.

Have a great week,
Katy

No comments: