Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Friend for Scooby?





I have to confess that I have been lurking on the Tucson Craigslist looking at dogs up for adoption. We really thought we had our hearts set on a golden retriever...that was until yesterday. I saw an ad about a young man who had rescued three 7 month old sisters who are flat-coated retrievers. They were to be euthanized that very day because they had runny noses. Well, this young man and his wife took all three to the vet. They had minor kennel cough which they have all recovered from and are now healthy. They brought all three girls over to our house yesterday and we watched how they interacted with Scooby and with us. We all had a favorite and told the couple that we'd need to talk and pray about it for at least a day. I think we have picked the girl we want. She was mellow and sweet but also got down and tried to get Scooby to play with her. Hannah wanted to take them all of course. So, it looks like Scooby will have a new friend and we will have a new family member. She does not have a name yet and Hannah is SO excited about that! She's probably going to name her "Miley." She wants this to be HER dog. All three dogs were very sweet and well-mannered. Will update you next week. She is getting spayed on Wed. and we'll get her on Friday or Saturday.

No comments: