Well,
Starting July 25, I'll have both girls in full-time school!!!!! Oh yeah, I mean BOOOHOOO. We just got back from three weeks in Canada. We had a great trip, and I didn't even fight with Dad this year! We all got along great. Brian, the girls, Oma, and Opa and I all went to see the National Royal Tyrell Museum in Drumheller, Alberta - large diansour museum, AWESOME! - spent the night in the hotel two nights, played in the pool, hiked in the HOODOOS, walked across the suspension bridge and crossed the river on the ferry for a picnic. We then went to Stetller, Alberta to ride the steam-engine train, got robbed by horseback thieves and had a country buffet in Big Valley - with the blue church on the hill. I felt very country!
Now we are back and the girls are getting geared up to start First and Third grade. I loved helping out in the classrooms last year, and will do so again this year. I am looking forward to using my day hours to participate in women's ministry again, and maybe do some hospital visitation for the church.
I finally let Corrine out of piano after two years of fighting over practice. Both girls took swim lessons this summer, and Corrine is actually very good. Both are in tumbling still and we are looking into either Brownies or soccer for the Fall.
Brian and I are doing very well, we are able to share our thoughts and feelings openly and have worked hard at listening to one another. We have had more date nights and spend more time talking about what is going on, so we don't let our busy schedules get the best of us.
I am hopeful that you are all well. Thanks to Katy for this great tool for sharing our lives.
1 comment:
Good job Kathleen...of figuring out how to move your Blogger info. I hope the others will be joining us soon. I spoke to Ann on the phone the other night...she's been at their condo on the Oregon coast. We talked about plans for another reunion next summer. Will talk more about it once we have everyone here.
Post a Comment