Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Squeezing the Last Drops of Summer Juice For All It's Worth!


Kathy, I sure hope you're over that cold and gettin' used to waking up at the late hour of 7AM! I feel the same way at the end of each summer. I am blessed to have a teaching job that allows me to have summers off with Hannah. I start feeling a little blue when I know the end is approaching. I went back to work on Monday...John and Hannah took our little camper to Canyon Lake. I miss them but know they're having fun. No cell phone service there though. John drove eight miles last night to call me and tell me how much fun they had on the Seadoo. They are there with some of our neighbors who have daughters Hannah's age. John said something silly about wanting to buy a Seadoo and I laughed. I had to tell him that Scooby has been digging under the fence and that we have to have a block wall put in. My baby boy is still in mourning for Rollie...I am too. I thought I heard him whining tonight and I even talked to him. Burst right into tears when I realized it wasn't him. I also told John he might come home to a new dog (I wouldn't really). I do think we need to consider it though. Scooby is lonely. My friend Kristin let me take him to her house for doggie daycare today and tomorrow. I'm off Friday, Sat, Sun and Mondays.

Hannah went to church camp in Prescott for three days. She cried and told me she wasn't going the morning they were to leave. I had her get dressed, eat breakfast and told her we'd drive to the church to just "scope things out." She clung to my arm and had tears as her Sunday school teacher encouraged her to go. Then her friend Amanda started crying and said she wasn't going if Hannah wasn't going. I was almost ready to give up and wasn't planning on forcing her to go...my heart was breaking...I offered her an insurance plan. I told her that if she got up there and absolutely didn't like it, that John, Scooby and I would jump in the car and come get her. I meant it. Didn't need it though. She went and had a great time. I missed her but know I need to let her go do these things...preteenhood is a whole new adventure for us. She starts sixth grade on Aug. 13th. Hope to hear from the rest of you! What's new in your lives these days?

A question for all before I close with a picture tribute to my dear Rollie. I will answer this question in my next post. What has the Lord been teaching you this summer? Have you been a good student?

Beth? Annette? Jennifer? Ann? Kathleen?

Love to you all....Kate

No comments: